Monday 2 September 2013

Everyone should come.



        So what did you do yesterday?

        Oh, right.

        Oh, yeah?

        That sounds awful. Truly dreadful. Why the heck would you share this drivel with me? How is a story like that going to enhance my life in any way whatsoever? I regret asking.

        WE, on the other hand (since you’re interested), did something that was actually worthwhile. Check it out:
I have better quality photos, but no others in which Trewin looks like a teapot posing for Debenhams.

          Yes, we practiced yesterday with the orchestra (or Phorchestra, if you won’t) alongside whom we’ll be performing on Thursday night. Here’s the gig. Tickets can be purchased by clicking through the facebook page. Click it. View it. Come. Strictly in that order. Please. If you do, I promise I won’t be as cruel as I was at the beginning of this post. That was an error on my part. I’m sorry – I’ve just woken up and I had a bad dream. We love you, really.

        Come.

        As usual, Jeb was on hand to film a little film (‘film’ is the one where the pictures move around on the screen; not reach from the page, envelope you, and transport you to something that’s not quite hell but personal revelation tells you is a much more torturous version of the kind of thing traditional depictions of hell singly fail to describe - that's something else entirely that a priest once showed me in a cave) so that film should turn up soon to slather a thin veneer of drool onto your chin.

        It was great fun to hear the tracks brought to life with that whole new element added. We’re doing three new ones, two of them never before gigged, each with strong orchestral accompaniment. There’s a whole bundle of new visuals created especially for the event, too. Lots of people have been workin’ ‘ard for this performance. We like the Soundscreen people. The venue’s much bigger than we usually play, too. We like playing bigger places.

        Thanks to all the people who play the little wooden instruments for coming along yesterday. We really can’t wait for Thursday.

        Whoever you are, whoever you know, please like and share the stuff we put out. This one should be a banger!


        And here’s a video of one of my favourite comedians, which I only found recently after years of convincing myself I’d seen everything he'd done that was available – hence my excitement and will to share.  It's actually been up for ages. I don't know how I missed it.



        That’s just what I like. If you don't share my tastes, that's OK. Just ask why I should share this drivel with you, and how it's going to improve your life in any way, whatsoever.

        Warmest regards,

        Timothy Dustless


P.S. That meeting I mentioned the other day? Don’t worry about it for now – just know that I’ve reminded you of it in order to tell you not to think of it. This will be on the test.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Achieve.

All milky and lava-lamp-ish the street-lights reflecting on my big red car bonnet as I curl it round at night all sound and echoing engine...