Tuesday 10 December 2019

Bright colours.

I started painting over things in my house.

All kinds of crap is now just red. I take a big, thick brush and slop paint over everything until I can’t see it and then it dries to that horrible flat and unreflective crust that would make you shiver to touch it. Kind of chalky.

So the band don’t know it. Not for the want of me telling them, or coming to meetings and whatever to sort stuff out all covered in paint from head to toe. They ask me what I’ve been up to and I shrug my shoulders at them and they carry on thinking I’ve been what? Playing with friends, doing some old homework, or fiddling on instagram or something. And they talk about whatever it is they’re interested in. And I smile while drying.

Fence yourself in and cover yourself in gobs of wet paint, I say. That’s my tip for the day. Sometimes big, bald men come by with voices you can mimic, if you’re insecure, and they’ll bring you big bendy tubs of the stuff you can dip in when they’re not looking. You can either jump in feet first and flop down and bathe or you can cup it up in your hands and start drinking and coat all your insides in it. They’re all too busy slapping it on walls and things and everywhere else you’ve done your own bits of decorating to notice and you know you’ll do again once all the guys and mates have left.

I hear things in the band are getting done, and need doing. I’ve heard all about that. It all seems pretty clear to me. Plenty to do and get done. So much on. Long time now since an album or a gig. It’s been a long time since an album or a gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Achieve.

All milky and lava-lamp-ish the street-lights reflecting on my big red car bonnet as I curl it round at night all sound and echoing engine...