Monday 5 May 2014

My inability to find a parrot has given me a real chimp on my shoulder.

RIGHT!

What's the do, then?

Emanate's doing well. Thanks for that, everyone. You're all part of our team, now. Display is on its way. Here's the pre-order link (US). We're so happy with the response so far. Too many blogs have picked up on it to mention here – needless to say we very much appreciate all the positivity.

We were up to Liverpool on Saturday for the Sound City festival, which was great. It was my birthday (a fact which I allowed no-one to forget, after leaving the house just before 8am and spending nigh on seven hours in the van, staring at roads; Costa coffee and UKIP signs), so we had a RUDDY GOOD LAUGH trundling around Liverpool, playing for some lovely people at the awesome Kazimier venue and getting a free dinner. Everyone was chugging energy drinks like they were suspiciously fashionable after spending the last few days saying 'Hurrah' to the Emanate release, and putting the final few tweaks on the other EP tracks. Our eyes were puffier than Sean Combs riding a hot-air balloon through a wind tunnel.

We caught up with fellow Brightonians The Physics House Band too, bumping into them in the middle of the street and later catching their awesome set at The Black-E, which was another damn cool venue. I don't think any of us had been to Liverpool before. It was RUDDY nice, I tell thee. I even had a stare down with a man in a car after we accidentally parked the wrong way on a one-way street, as on our manoeuvring he insisted on staring deep into these holes that have been punctured into my face. He either wanted to kiss me or hug me, I think. That's the whole story, but it made me feel like a man. I need some indication. (We held each others gaze until the car disappeared out of sight, and then I panicked; wondering if his group were perhaps staying at the same hotel as us and I had just gotten us into a lot of trouble with fists.)

So, we've surfed through it all. Display EP done and ready for release, single released, gig in Liverpool played...

The next one's at the rather good The Great Escape festival in Brighton this Thursday. (I tried to find a good link to put here, but they either weren't working or weren't informative enough. We're at St Mary's church on 8/5 at (I'm quite sure) 19:30. Keep an eye on our FB etc. for more info. The festival has sold out, but you could probably stand in the street and shout our name.) We'll be wide awake and hot-to-trot. New material, and all that.

Things are fun.

So, having spent that day on the road (and the next day, too) and, despite appearances, working – today is a day of rest and opening presents. Pants, socks, and the inevitable Terminator 2 board game. Bacon and maple syrup pancakes for breakfast. The snooker starts at 14:00.

That's all for now. We've been so squirrelled away, it feels strange to put it into a readily assimilable capsule for semi-public consumption. Still, here it is. Here's whatever it is.

Do have fun. It's a bank holiday, which I assume means that money assumes no value for the next few hours.

Go to Waitrose, then.

Warmest regards and fondest well wishes,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Achieve.

All milky and lava-lamp-ish the street-lights reflecting on my big red car bonnet as I curl it round at night all sound and echoing engine...