Saturday 26 January 2013

Blurred works.

It's difficult to know where to start, to be honest. Not only because my brain feels like the contents of a baked bean can (i.e. Horse meat), but also because so much has happened in the last few days alone that I don't know how to finish this sentence and it's only through sheer luck that it even started correctly.

You've seen our Kickstarter stuff, right? 'Ah,' you say, 'that's what all that puppet stuff was about!' Yes. Yes it was. Are you happy now? Now that you know? I hope so. Otherwise this whole thing could become a bit awkward. Still, we hope you like the little film we made. The puppet of Jeb is my personal favourite. The puppet of Jeb is everyone's personal favourite.

The single off the Bloodworks EP, 'Red', has been featured on the Brighton promoter One Inch Badge's 'SeaMonsters' compilation. The whole album sounds great, and shows what a great scene we have in this city. We're really proud to be a part of it, and equally as proud to see what a splash 'Red' is making. Do you get it? 'Splash'? 'SEAmonsters'. Yes! That's right! Because most monsters like the 1984 Tom Hanks film 'Splash'!

Obviously the biggest hangover of all is from our trip to Abbey Road, which was very special, but that's all I can say for now. (Note: My car door decided to break at the end of that perfect day, and I can't stop whining about it so I may as well do it here too. Jeb did a good job of holding the portal to tarmac-face-sanding-world closed throughout our journey, his aching arms ably assisted by a tired Trewin on the back seat instructing him to 'Pull it tighter! It's cold! I'm cold! Pull the door tighter!' Trewin shouldn't have been surprised to hear Jeb's sombre reply of 'I can't. The door is broken.')

The sudden freight train of fatigue is not so much from 'Crabby Toad day' itself, but more from coming to the end of the long journey that led here: the gates of Bloodworks-ville. It feels like we can pack it up now and pop it in a suitcase; just carry it with us for the time being, occasionally opening it to remember that: Oh yeah! We did that! Line-up changes, tracklist changes, the struggle to get the right take for the right song, the good gigs, the...other gigs, the people who came and went, the deadlines that came and went, the loss of sanity, the despair, the little wooden bear, the lost, forgotten Iveco van, my Snickers bar that melted, that time I 'lost' my trousers... It can all be packed up, now, and carried with us as we spend a little time in the town, soaking up the atmosphere we created.

That's all I can think of for now, but there's loads more for another day.

I'm off to the bar.

Tim

P.S. Of course I'll give you another Kickstarter link, but ALSO I'll remind you that we're on at The Prince Albert in Brighton tonight with Ed Prosek and The Physics House Band, both of whom are great. It's part of OIB's SeaMonsters festival. Last I heard, tickets were selling fast, but, if you do make it, be sure to give us a WAVE. Do you get it? Do you...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Achieve.

All milky and lava-lamp-ish the street-lights reflecting on my big red car bonnet as I curl it round at night all sound and echoing engine...