Thursday 30 May 2013

Perhaps I shouldn't sneak into bars to swill the remnants of unattended glasses.

How did I pick this up?

Trewin succumbs to el voco destructo for several weeks. Result: cancelled gigs aplenty, absence from practices, a physically more calming and sedate existence - despite the new intellectual and logistical challenges faced by a band without a singer.

Then we start gigging again, albeit with a precautionary reduced set and only songs that are gentle on Trewin's pipes.

So, as soon as we start having to spend hours on end in the back of the van, waiting around, and then (urgh, the absolute worst bit) getting onstage to play our music to hordes of screaming, adoring fans and obsessives - at this point I myself get struck down, yet again, with the dreaded lurgy. I'm old enough to know that complaining over and over about 'habing a kowd' is bad and perhaps betrays something of a lack of character, but I'm also old enough to know that I'm just about young enough to get away with it for another six months. Perhaps. I don't know. The main thing is that the more I complain, the more my girlfriend brings me big steaming glasses of green tea with a sympathetic smile on her face. More of that, please. And more bowls of Cookelyko Poppins with milk MAKE THE MILK ALL CHOCOLATEY

So, what I'm most looking forward to today is heading up to old Lonny-loo-loo (in the back of the van. It'll be too hot, I know it) to play Crack in the Road #002. Here's an interview that came out today. Should be a good concertium, provided I don't leak snot all over the audience while playing the end of Posture. Maybe I can pass it off as one of those Ibiza-style foam parties. Yeah.

See you there?

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Achieve.

All milky and lava-lamp-ish the street-lights reflecting on my big red car bonnet as I curl it round at night all sound and echoing engine...