Thursday 15 November 2018

A breakdown.

We're heading into London while the UK government falls apart. Civil society might not be far behind, but that's OK.

We had a day off yesterday after our breakneck, whistle-stop tour of Germany and Switzerland. Nothing much to be said but thanks. Nothing more to be done yesterday but sleep.

Oh look, the van's broken down right this second. Trewin's currently trying to mold some connection or other out of copper. Ed's on the floor, rifling through my suitcase for my toolkit (ain't I a pro?) and the van is being rocked by the air pressure from lorries passing at top speed. We're on the hard shoulder somewhere outside London. There's nothing to be done but try. The van smells like burning. Who knows what's next?

We've got time, so we'll be fine for Oslo (not the city - a London venue) tonight...it just depends how we get there.

Our hazard lights have just stopped working. Ed's just popped back to put a triangle out.

Here he is again. He looks back at where he's just been.

"The triangle's just fallen over."

Time to sing a song.

Trewin's working on it, and I have no idea on what level of expertise he's working.

"Bloody triangle's fallen over again."

The road, the boundaries, and the trucks are dirty and grey. Everything moans and hisses as it passes. The van shakes with an unseen force. I'm getting out of the van. There's an element of fear.

Not for the first time in this band, I feel like I'm in some spiritual netherworld.

We'll see you later.

Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Achieve.

All milky and lava-lamp-ish the street-lights reflecting on my big red car bonnet as I curl it round at night all sound and echoing engine...